Client: JF Finnigan
Value: £3.2 million
Duration: 46 weeks
This is the Holiday Inn Express, situated within five minutes' walk from Sheffield city centre, and over looks the river Don.
The 161 bedroom hotel incorporates a restaurant, conference rooms and the ‘Great Room’ bar, with the external façade of the hotel clad in natural golden and cobalt stone, giving the hotel its distinctive stonework appearance.
The build was constructed using a structural frame of twin wall pre-cast concrete, positioned on top of an in-situ concrete transfer slab with supporting columns and piles. The site was a brownfield site which required pre-investigation searching for old world war two ordnance.
The project was handed over on time and within budget, with the construction period per structural floor of 10 working days..
- One of the first IHG ‘New Generation’ brand hotels constructed for Amber Hotels.
- The ensuite bathrooms constructed off-site as modular pods, which further assisted the progress of the works.
- Heated via the Sheffield District heating System of ‘Heat and Power’ from recycled energy.
- Green Roofs are incorporated to the terrace roofing.
- ‘Low Energy’ design for all Mechanical and Electrical equipment.
- Re-cycled Aggregates used throughout the build