Location: Ferrybridge Knottingley
Client: John Sisk and Son
Value: £8.0 million
Duration: 40 weeks
Ferrybridge Multi Fuel Power Station will be the third contract in the energy from waste sector awarded to Cidon.
This large scale, £300 million facility was awarded by John Sisk to carry out all structural concrete sub-structure and super-structure works.
The multi-fuel power station produces low carbon electricity and heat by burning waste derived fuel from various sources of processed municipal solid waste, wastewood products, and commercial and industrial waste.
- Previous experience and performance on similar projects was instrumental in this award.
- Extensive temporary works schemes developed for complex and high risk elements
- Slipform and Jump forming techniques were utilised to undertake the works
- Elements of the works included precast concrete manufacture and installation
- Health and Safety manager permanently based on site to oversee large scale workforce.
- Unique challenges faced and overcome in terms of time restraints and working in tandem with other trades.
- Largest scale Energy from Waste Facility to date for Cidon