Location: Ferrybridge Knottingley
Client: John Sisk and Son
Value: £8.0 million
Duration: 40 weeks
Ferrybridge Multi Fuel Power Station was the third contract in the energy from waste sector awarded to Cidon
This large scale, £300 million facility was awarded by John Sisk to carry out all structural concrete sub-structure and super-structure works.
The multi-fuel power station was designed to produce low carbon electricity and heat by burning waste derived fuel from various sources of processed municipal solid waste, waste wood products, and commercial and industrial waste, and became operational in 2015.
- Previous experience and performance on similar projects were instrumental in this award.
- Extensive temporary works designs were implemented for complex and high-risk structures.
- Slipform and Jump forming techniques were utilised to undertake the works.
- Elements of the works included precast concrete manufacture and installation.
- Health and Safety manager permanently based on site to oversee large scale workforce.
- Unique challenges presented and overcome in terms of time restraints and working in tandem with other trades.