Client: Sir Robert McAlpine
Value: £3.8 million
Duration: 25 weeks
Cidon have been appointed by Sir Robert McAlpine for the concrete works package to the first phase at the £350 million Haymarket Edinburgh mixed-use development.
The first phase, Building 1 Haymarket Square, provided 110,000 sq. ft of Grade A office accommodation, with a gross development value of £80m.
The Haymarket Scheme will deliver more than 380,000 sq. ft of much-needed office space along with hotel accommodation totalling 365 bedrooms and provision for 40,000 sq. ft of retail space. The four-acre site will comprise five buildings, three of which will be offices and the other two hotels. It is estimated that the office space alone will accommodate up to 4,500 workers.
The partners on this scheme, Qmile Group, M&G Real Estate, Foster & Partners and Sir Robert McAlpine, have previously worked together with Cidon to deliver the £750m mixed-use Quarter mile Scheme, also in Edinburgh city centre.
Cidon worked with Sir Robert McAlpine on this development in which we successfully delivered six phases over five years. We are delighted to be working with this client again, and hope for this particular project relationship to continue over the coming years.
- Sympathetic Construction Methodology and Sequence to compliment surrounding infrastructure.
- Proximity of Network Rail Tunnels that lay directly underneath building footprint.
- Acoustic isolation from Network Rail Assets.
- Complex temporary works to protect existing site perimeter assets and live pedestrian routes.
- 36m high Central Core including Multiple Lift Banks and Stair Wells to access all the building floor levels.
- Close co-ordination with Structural Steel Contractor and delivery of composite concrete floors to Superstructure.
- Installation of Main Site Wide Drainage and Site Attenuation system including integration with existing Vortex.